New to Live Richer Challenge: The Fundamentals? Learn more about it HERE.
Need to catch up? Click on the link where you left off and then come back!
Day 17: Debt Repayment
Day 18: Verify Your Debt
Day 19: Stop the Calls
Day 20: Your Rights
Day 21: Review, Reflect, Relax
Day 22: Credit Report
Week 4: Credit
Today’s Easy Financial Task: Get your free credit score(s) (not to be confused with your credit report)
How to rock this task :
- Go to www.creditkarma.com and sign up (it's free)
- Get your free credit score in minutes
- Get familiar with Credit Karma - it’s an awesome site with a ton of resources
I’m pretty excited to share this week’s tasks with you. Why? Because I’m going to show you how to raise your score as much as 100 points in 1 year!
FYI: credit score ranges from 300 – 850
751-- 850 Excellent
701 – 750 Good
641 – 700 Fair
581 – 641 Poor
300 – 580 Very Poor
Let’s get started.
Today I want you to get your credit score. This is not to be confused with yesterday’s task of getting your credit report.
Credit scores are usually $9 or more, but who wants to pay that? There are a couple of places where you can get a free credit score.
1) www.CreditKarma.com: Not only does Credit Karma give you your TransUnion & Equifax score and report for free, it educates you about your whole report in an easy-to-understand way.
2) Your bank: Many banks will give their customers their credit scores for free, so head to the closest bank branch and ask.
Remember: there are three main credit-reporting agencies: Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax. That means three reports and three scores.
Once you get your score, don’t worry if it’s low… in a couple of days I’ll show you how to make it jump like Jordan!
Time to check in with your accountability partners. Have they gotten their credit reports and scores? Share how you're feeling in the comments below.
You can reach out to me here:
Facebook: The Budgetnista
Private Forum: Dream Catchers : LIVE RICHER
(If you’re new to the Dream Catchers: LIVE RICHER forum make sure to fill out the questionnaire HERE before requesting to join.)
*** Have you just started the Challenge? Want to catch-up? Want to do the Challenge again later? Want to work through the LIVE RICHER Challenge in a workbook as well? You can do it ALL with the LRC Book. Get it here NOW: LIVE RICHER Challenge Book ***