It’s that time of year again. Open enrollment for Health Insurance… groan!
Yeah, I said it...GROAN!
Thankfully I’ve found a free solution that changed everything.
When I was a school teacher, Health Insurance was so easy. It came with the job. My only choice was which doctor I wanted to see. Then in 2009, I lost my job and started my first company, The Budgetnista. I found myself uninsured for the first time in my adult life.
I reasoned that I could not afford it, so I relied on my fairly good health, daily prayer and semi-decent diet and exercise regimen to see me through. I’m serious.
Then in 2015, I took the leap and signed up for Health Insurance via the Health Insurance Exchange Marketplace aka the nightmare online.
The first time I tried to register for Health Insurance I was overwhelmed by the process. It was not intuitive and there were so many variables to juggle while choosing my plan.
I spent hours on the Marketplace site, then finally broke down and called a representative who thankfully walked me through the process.
Despite having more experience, this year was no better. It took me three phone calls to HealthCare.gov, and over two hours to figure out and sign-up for the best Health Insurance plan for me.
It was the worst, and like many Americans, I waited to the very last day to register.
Nooooooo! What did they mean by my plan is not going to be offered in 2017 and that I have to pick a new plan. No! No! No!
I avoided thinking about how long next year’s Health Insurance search would take, when the perfect solution presented itself, PolicyGenius’ Health Insurance free comparison tool.
Here’s what makes PolicyGenius so awesome:
- You can search and compare Obamacare and private Marketplace plans on your computer, phone, smart device etc.
- It’s FREE!
- The whole process takes under 10 minutes.
Yes! Honestly… Truly…. 🙂
I used it to sign-up for my plan, then I had my sister use it. Now I’m telling YOU!
I can’t believe how easy the process was.
Here’s how it works:
2) Type in your zip code & click get quotes.
3) Add your age, whether or not you use tobacco and your family size.
4) Enter your household income and you’ll instantly be told if you have any Federal discounts, and if so, how much a month.
5) Choose how much you want to spend a month on your plan and the max you’d like to pay for your annual deductible.
6) Choose whether or not you want referrals or the ability to choose a specialist for yourself, and list your must-have doctors and prescriptions.
7) This is the most important step: Choose which one of your requests above mean the most to you. PolicyGenius has a “Must Have vs. Nice-to-Have” system.
8) Lastly, review the plans that fit your criteria and click the compare box on your top choices.
9) Choose the plan that suit you best and if it has an orange, “Easy Enroll” button, enroll! If not, head to the carrier site to enroll.
Note: You can save your progress at anytime and log back in and resume your search later. You can also use the live chat feature if you have any questions while on the PolicyGenius site.
Like I said, it’s easy and FREEEEEE!
What are you waiting for? Sign-up for Health Insurance before the deadline. Let PolicyGenius help you HERE: PolicyGenius
My Lisa Rule: I have 4 sisters and Lisa is the baby (we’ll she’s not a baby anymore). Of all of my sisters, I’m the most protective over her. Before I share any product or service with you, it must pass my Lisa Rule.
What’s the Lisa Rule? If I would not advise Lisa to use a product or service, I won’t advise you to. YOU are my Lisas. I feel protective over you and your financial journey.
PolicyGenius passes my Lisa Rule. Yes, I am a partner of PolicyGenius, and was paid for this article, but I would not recommend a product or service that I didn’t believe was helpful and useful. As a matter of fact, I personally used PolicyGenius and had my almost-baby sister Carol use it as well. Lisa is up next!