New to the Live Richer Challenge: Saving Edition? Learn more about it HERE.
WEEK 1: Savings Mindset
This Week's Goal: To overhaul the way you think about saving by changing your Savings Mindset.
Today’s Easy Financial Task: Choose your savings goals, write them down, and share them with someone.
How to rock this task:
- List up to three specific savings goals.
- Post them in a place you’ll see daily like on the fridge.
- Share your goals with me or a friend.
Welcome to your first day of the LIVE RICHER Challenge: Savings Edition!
This week we’re tackling your Savings Mindset. It doesn’t matter how much money you make; if you don’t have the right tools, attitude, or knowledge about saving, you won’t be able to stack your coins.
For the first day of this Challenge, I want you to identify your specific savings goals. For example, “I want to save $600 in six months”. Write your goals down and place them somewhere where you will see them every day to keep them in the forefront of your mind. Then share them with someone you trust. Feel free to share them in the COMMENTS below vs. emailing me. I'd love to read them.
For your goals to be most effective, make sure they answer these three questions:
1) What? (“I will save $600.”)
2) When? (“I will save $600 by October 16th.”)
3) How? (I will save $600 by October 16th by reducing my phone bill and packing my lunch for work each day.”)
What's next? Choose an accountability partner or partners. I highly recommend that you choose a partner or organize a group of people who are also participating in the Challenge so you can work together through the tasks.
If you can’t find anyone, reach out to other Dream Catchers (the name I’ve given folks that are working on the Challenge). You can find us at our private Dream Catcher's group. If you're not yet a member join us HERE:
Why is Day 1's task so important?
1) Putting your goals on paper gives them power.
2) Keeping them somewhere visible serves as a constant reminder.
3) Sharing them with others will hold you accountable (you can share them in the comments below as well vs. emailing me)
So, let’s get to it! Write down your goals, identify your accountability partner, and share what you're saving for with your network and with me in the comments vs. emailing them.Today I will write down and share my savings goals. Day 1: #LiveRicherChallenge Click To Tweet
FYI: You can find me here:
Facebook: The Budgetnista
Forum: Dream Catchers (if you're not already a member.)
Tiffany The Budgetnista
A Freebie: Have you saved and printed the Live Richer Starter Kit yet? It's full of awesome freebies. Click the picture to get your kit.
Want to work through the Live Richer Challenge: Savings Edition in a workbook? Click the link below and get your copy.