Need to catch up? Click on the link where you left off and then come back!
Day 11: Restructure Debt
Day 12: Automate Your Savings
Day 13: Review, Reflect, Relax
Day 14: Weekly Inspiration
Day 15: Activate Abundance
Day 16: Add Abundance to Your Budget
Week 3: Increase Your Abundance
Today’s Easy Financial Task: Think of ways you can make extra income to pay for your loves and abundance.
How to rock this task:
- Brainstorm ways to use your skills, talents, and experience to make more money each month.
- Share how you plan to make extra income with me and your partner(s).
Welcome to Day 17, friend! Today, we’re talking about making more money.
Yesterday when you added abundance to your budget, you may have found you don’t quite make enough money each month to cover it. No worries! I’m going to share a few tips and resources to help you make extra income outside of your job (if you have one).
I highly recommend that you have have multiple sources of income (i.e. babysitting or tutoring). It can help you pay for your abundance AND help you to reach your savings goals much faster.
Ready to make mo’ money? Fabulous! Let’s get down to business.
First, I have four quick pointers you should keep in mind when deciding what you should do for extra income:
1. Use Your Degree. If you have the education, put it to use. You can charge more money for a service when you’re an expert in a field. Think about how you can shape your education into an extra source of income.
2. Do What You Do For a Living. You can hit the ground running with your side hustle if you have work experience in the industry. There’s no learning curve and you have a resume that proves you know what you’re doing.
3. Activate Your Passion. Start charging for things you already do for free. You already have an established clientele who like your work and you can use them to spread the word.
4. Negotiate a Raise. Start to collect all of the amazing value you bring to your job. Put it together in a file. Make sure you monetize your value. Example: The decision you made to do _________ is saving the company $10,000/year.
- Focus Groups—Want to get paid for your opinion? The Penny Hoarder suggests ProOpinion to find online focus groups. You can also look to CraigsList or FocusGroup to get paid for participating in research studies.
- Take Online Surveys—Take surveys in your down time while watching TV or commuting on public transit and get paid for it. The Penny Hoard recommends Ipsos Panel, SendEarnings, MySurvey and Springboard Panel.
- Make Money as a Transcriptionist—Transcriptionists can make up to $25 per hour listening to audio and typing out what’s said. This job could be right up your alley if you’re a fast and accurate typer. Learn how to get started in the field on The Penny Hoarder post “Earn $25 an Hour as a Transcript”.
- Rent or Sell Clothes Online—Do you have a full closet of clothes you don’t wear? Sell or rent them for extra money. Head over to the sites Loanables and RentNotBuy to cash in on your unused clothes.
Do you have any more ideas to add to this list? Tell me in the comments, share them with your accountability partner and in the Dream Catcher Forum. Your ideas may inspire another!
Gentle Reminder: Be Careful of Scams
Keep your eyes peeled for jobs that appear suspicious, especially on Craigslist. You should never have to pay money to make money and get-rich-quick schemes don’t exist. If a job sounds like a scam, it probably is.
Lastly, make sure your side hustle is worth your time and resources. If you drive an hour and spend $20 on parking just to make $25, you’re breaking even. That isn’t the type of hustle that will help you save much money or pay for abundance in your budget.
Now, it’s time to get your abundance on! Share your thoughts with me in the comments vs. emailing. What do you plan to do to make more? I'd love to know. Reach out to your accountability partner.
Share what you're doing today using the social media buttons and with your Twitter family:Today I'm brainstorming ways to make mo' money. Day 17: #LiveRicherChallenge Click To Tweet
Remember, you can reach out to me here:
Facebook: The Budgetnista
Forum: Dream Catchers (if you're not already a member.)
Tiffany "The Budgetnista" Aliche
A Freebie: Have you saved and printed the Live Richer Starter Kit yet? It's full of awesome freebies. Click the picture to get your kit.