Need to catch up? Click on the link where you left off and then come back!
Day 1: Savings Goals
Day 2: The First Law of Gold
Day 3: The Money Bucket For Savings
Day 4: Purposeful Spending
Week 1: Savings Mindset
Today’s Easy Financial Task: Take action toward a goal.
How to rock this task:
- Choose one goal from Day 1 of the Live Richer Challenge: Savings Edition.
- Commit to doing something easy today that will bring you closer to accomplishing that goal.
- Share what you’re going to do today with your accountability partners.
Guess what? Today is our first task that includes a short video. Take a moment to watch how to make today’s task work for you. Then share what you’re doing to reach your goal with me and your accountability partners.
Direct link to video: https://youtu.be/fZ_ThifGtc4
The purpose of this task is to take action, no matter how small. One of the biggest obstacles that holds us back from success is the inability to overcome mental roadblocks. These hurdles impede our action or progress.
Here’s how to get started:
1) Identify the goal your action will affect.
2) Identify how close you are to accomplishing that goal.
3) Ask yourself, “Self, what is the next best step that I can take toward making that goal happen?”
4) Take that step.
Note: Make sure the step can be taken TODAY. No step is too small. What you’re working on is your action-taking habit, so don’t get caught up on whether or not the step is big enough.
1) Goal chosen from Day 1's task: To save $600 in 6 months.
2) How close am I: I already have $50 saved.
3) Next best step: I have $50 saved in cash. I can open up a Money Bucket (an online-only Savings Account: Day 3) and save it there instead.
4) Take the step: I go to MagnifyMoney and use what I learned during Day 3 to find and open my Money Bucket.
If you want to save like a pro, you must repeat positive behaviors over time. Why? Often we can’t make huge changes to our habits quickly, but we can and should make smaller changes more consistently.
Today, my friend, you’ll take one small step to adjust your savings behavior. Then next week, you’ll create a plan of action to take several more steps toward your goal by the end of this Challenge, so get ready!
Okay, are YOU ready? What action will you take today toward one of your savings goals from Day 1? Don't be shy. Tell me in the comments instead of my email inbox. Reach out to your accountability partner and ask, what step they plan to take; then check on them throughout the day and encourage them to take that step. Do a happy-dance when you've both completed the step. *insert smile*
Share what you're doing today using the social media buttons, then tweet your tweeps.Today I'm taking ACTION toward my savings goal! Day 5: #LiveRicherChallenge Click To Tweet
Remember, you can always find me here:
Facebook: The Budgetnista
Forum: Dream Catchers (if you're not already a member.)
Tiffany "The Budgetnista" Aliche
A Freebie: Have you saved and printed the Live Richer Starter Kit yet? It's full of awesome freebies. Click the picture to get your kit.